Wednesday, July 7, 2010

HOW CELEBS STAY YOUNG, 6 SECRETS

Dr. Grace Angel

1. AVOID EXCESSIVE ALCOHOL

Alcohol despite its bubbly pleasures causes dehydration and skin damage. "You may as well spend a week at the beach in the sun without sunscreen if you go to sleep after a drinking bender without properly protecting your skin," suggests a High School Musical diva.

Abusing alcohol will, over time, decrease the body's ability to produce collagen and reduces skin's firmness and elasticity, which will cause dry, sagging, wrinkled skin.

2. LIMIT YOUR EXPOSURE TO THE SUN

This is just good common sense. But if you cannot avoid it, use a quality high spf sun protectant. "I use spf 50 on my neck and face; however, I do recommend spf 35 on your body. Doing this protects my vulnerable skin, but allows me to develop a nice brownish tan everywhere else," suggests a former Mickey Mouse club member.

3. DON'T DRINK COFFEE

A natural diuretic, coffee causes the body to void needed liquids and amino acids. A "Lord-lovin" country music diva agrees, "Drinking too much coffee stains my teeth, gives me yucky coffee breath, and causes the little wrinkles around my eyes to look so horrible, like big nasty crow's feet."

4. EAT LOTS OF CITRUS AND VEGETABLES

Spinach and other leafy greens contains vast amounts of antioxidants that aid skin health. Citrus like oranges and grapefruit have vitamin C, which boosts the skin's production of collagen. And collagen production is essential to skin elasticity, firmness and prevents the onset of premature wrinkling.

5. DRINK 10 GLASSES OF WATER

According to a famous hotel-fortune heiress, "If I don't drink at least ten glasses of water everyday I notice that my skin looks dull, vapid, and gray."

6. USE A NIGHT TIME MOISTURIZER THAT CONTAINS RETINOL, VITAMIN C, & PEPTIDES

Using a night time moisturizer is the simplest yet most necessary part of your beauty routine. Choose a night cream with proven age-fighters like vitamin C, peptides, and retinol. These compounds applied at night will reduce the effect of aging and the environment on your skin. "Young men always approach me at clubs and at the gym thinking I'm 25. My night time moisturizer has allowed me to maintain my youthful skin. These boys obviously haven't seen my movies from the early 1980's and would never guess that I'm actually 45," chuckles a member of Hollywood's brat pack, who chose, astutely, to remain anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List